Thursday 17 October 2013

Minor Project: Older Robot Head Concepts

Older Robot Head Concepts



These are just a few basic concepts for the general head structure of the Older Robot. I'm easing myself in somewhat to the design process by designing a portion of the characters at a time, so I've began with the head.
I've taken influence from my 1980s and 1990s Male Character influence map, trying to develop a resemblance with the geeky, doofus character I'm attempting to develop.
The first two designs feature a speaker grille in place of a mouth, acting as the source of the music in the third act. The third design is mouthless, with the music coming from elsewhere on the body, whilst my idea for the fourth design was along the lines of an oscilloscope or something similar (although you can't see in these current designs, as for some weird reason, I always design things in profile first... bit of an annoying quirk...).
Personally, I'm torn between the second and third designs, with the overly nerdy aesthetic of the second design being particularly appealing to me (featuring dome-head screws resembling pimples and a speaker grille as braces).
They'll be further development soon, so keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment