Saturday 15 October 2011

Intro to Maya: Bottle and Label Shader

This is the resulting image from the Bottle and Label Shader tutorial. Left to render overnight, as it seemed to be drastically more demanding than the previous projects. 
It took longer than usual to complete the tutorial, when I encountered an issue with the layered shader which didn't allow me to apply the glass blinn and the label texture simultaneously. After half an hour of trial and error, Simon and I finally figured out what was wrong and got the label and the glass to appear normally. 
Unfortunately, there is still a problem with the render, as there is no shadow being cast by the glass bottle itself, only the liquid within. I will go back and see what I can do to rectify this when I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment